Thank you for attending the 2016 MOC Workshop!
The Second Annual Massachusetts Open Cloud Workshop and MOC Hands-On Session was held December 6 – 7, 2016 at Boston University. Coming soon – we will share speaker presentations and more from this year’s workshop!
The Workshop on December 6 featured technical presentations, insights from MOC users, working group sessions and an Industry Partner Roundtable. December 7 featured a limited capacity MOC Hands-On Session.
Massachusetts Open Cloud Workshop
Tuesday December 6, 2016
George Sherman Union, Metcalf Hall (2nd Floor)
775 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA 02215
|7:30 – 8:00 am
||Check-in and Breakfast|
|8:00 – 8:45 am
||Welcome, Gloria Waters, Boston University
Keynote, Fostering Innovation Through Collaboration, Pat Larkin, Massachusetts Technology Collaborative abstract
MOC Vision, Orran Krieger, Massachusetts Open Cloud
MOC Development, Piyanai Saowarattitada, Massachusetts Open Cloud
|8:45 – 9:45 am
|9:45 – 10:05 am
|10:05 – 11:55 am
|11:55 – 1:10 pm
||Lunch and Posters List of e-boards and posters
|1:10 – 2:40 pm
|2:40 – 3:00 pm
|3:00 – 4:30 pm
||Working Groups (Select one group per session)
|4:30 – 5:20 pm
||MOC Core Industry Partner Roundtable
|5:20 – 5:30 pm
||Workshop Closing,Orran Krieger, MOC|
|5:30 – 6:30 pm
||Reception & Networking
Wednesday December 7, 2016
Hariri Institute for Computing
111 Cummington Mall (eastern end)
Boston, MA 02215
- Please read and follow these instructions to sign-up for a session. Hands-On-Session-Registration-Details
|8:30 – 9:00 am
||Check-in and Breakfast .
|9:00 – 11:30 am
||Session 1 : MOC Hands-On – OpenStack in MOC (Kick the tires on the MOC)
|9:30 – 11:00 am||Session 2 : Dataverse Hands-on – Navigating a Dataverse repository and learning about Dataverse concepts|
Getting Around and Staying in Boston
- Guest Wireless Access
- Parking – You may park in any public lot on campus. The Parking Office recommends Agganis Arena lot (for $13 for the day). From there, it is approximately 10 minutes to walk to the GSU.
- Getting around Boston – General info
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority – If you will be using the subway, Boston University is located along the “B” route of the Green Line. The George Sherman Union is at “BU Central.”
- Accommodations – We did not block space at any specific hotels, but recommend any of the options provided on this page
- Map of Boston University
- Both Uber and Lyft operate in Boston, in addition to taxi options.
- Other Things to do in Boston
Please contact Jennifer Stacy with any questions or to be added to the mailing list to receive updates on the Workshop.
If you are using the MOC logo in your presentation: